Wolf Task Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf Task Force

Guild Forums

WTF HomeWTF Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestions for the Guild

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fwuffy

Fwuffy

Suggestions for the Guild Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for the Guild   Suggestions for the Guild EmptyWed Nov 14, 2007 4:24 am

First and foremost, we need a suggestions section lol!

Anyhow, having limited raid experience (Kara, thats about it /cry), my suggestions are open to criticism and scrutiny with no harm taken by myself (aka dont think im going to be mad if you don't agree with me)

I'll cut straight to it, here are a few of my suggestions for the guild, no BS or subtlety about it. Remember, SUGGESTIONS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The guild should have limitations set on it as soon as possible. i.e.: Classes need to be limited to a set number.
    In my opinion, this number should be five. This will (hopefully) help eliminate/reduce in-guild competition between members of the same class for raid spots and/or gear.

- Guild ranks should be determined via professional factors.
    Player skill, game knowledge, participation with guild diplomacy (aka making a difference), attendance - be it a raid or simply being online and helping others/leveling - , and dare I say it....age, should all be taken into consideration when it comes to command possitions. This includes any rank with the power to invite, kick, promote/demote other members. In personal experience, children can not cope with running, or helping run, a functional endgame operation. Being someones "friend" is not a good reason to be granted the allmighty /gkick power, nor should someone not meeting the above requirements be inviting random scrubs to the guild.

Should someone under the age of fourteen disagree with me about the "age" statement above, you are entitled to that right...but I will still disagree with you until demonstrated otherwise.

- "Alts" should be in an Alt-guild, if so inclined to be in a guild with fellow WTF members whatsoever.
    Having everyones alt(s) in WTF is going to cause confusion, no matter how you look at it. Having a rank for alts doesnt help the fact that there are 439 members in a guild that uses 40 or 50 people regularly to raid. Create/join an alt-guild if it is that important to whomever's alt it is. Should you need help from a fellow WTF member, simply ask. Its not that hard to say who your main is, nor see that you are in the alt-guild (should that be created, that is).

- Lastly, exclusivity.
    Although the guild is new, and just getting its feet wet, now is better than later when it comes to choosing who is or isn't right for WTF. You may be inclined to say "we're starting up, we need members!", but what happens when down the road so-and-so is a friendly person, but can't contribute to the guild? You end up with either A) a bunch of cool people who can't really help the guild with anything other than friendly conversation, B) some pretty pissed-off people for kicking them out when they didn't do anything wrong other than not be up to par with standards, which in turn will bad-mouth us, not helping us obviously, or C) people who are hurt they were removed from the guild, even if asked, by people they thought were they're friends. Exclusivity is what makes the mile-high club what it is, and thats what we should try to be, exclusive with our player selection. Obvious criteria should be met to be a part of the guild, which, thinking I know enough about those of you who can take this to use, I believe you know what those criteria are.

Now those of you reading this may be thinking that I'm thinking too far ahead considering how new we are. But not thinking ahead is what causes most guilds with big ambitions to fail...I know this from personal experience. Most all drama associated with a good guild ending in ruin is due to some form of the afore-metioned things not being held up.

Do it now, do it right, or don't do it at all. Thats how this guild should be treated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rob.adamsworld.name/wtf.html
Anonymous

Suggestions for the Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Guild   Suggestions for the Guild EmptyWed Nov 14, 2007 8:36 pm

Well, hers my opinions on these matters.

Having limitations to the number of members is really shooting ourselves in the foot. We may be able to create two raiding groups, at which point we are able to progress faster. Plus, its a good idea in theory, but the chances of us having 5 of each kind of class that regularly raids, are so low its sad. We need to work on raiding attendence first, numbers and classes second, except in class specific fights like magtheridon (needs 4+ locks) or High King, NEEDS mage tank. So in reality, it makes sense, but its not practical given the nature of the game.

As for letting just anyone join, at this moment, we dont exactly have the luxury of picking and choosing. And if someone gets to the point where they cannot help us, i have no qualms of letting someone be mad at me on an online game. But, i also have to look at what they are not doing, if they get online and never speak and only take things but never help, then yea, the officers are gona speak with them, give them the heads up, let them know we are watching. they continue, and we will remove them. Same as if someone if being innapropriate. Having fun is a good thing, but watch it, cause something funny for you may annoy someone else, if there are too many issues that come up from one person or another, We will ask them to cease, or be removed.

And. please, Anyone, if you have any issues, bring them up to me or the other officers (Aku, Smiggs, Enialis) And we will take care of it.

I would like it if we could have a certain rule based on age, but its not terribly hard to fake your age. Thught i would like to impliment a 17+ rule just because that will lessen headaches for everyone. Grandfather clause will be in effect so if ur in and ur 17- you can stay.

Guild banks at this moment are based on attendance and my personal preference. Please, lets come up with a good rank system, cause i am all for ranks. Right now im thinking of leaving pups as new members/recruits. dog as members, wolf as "raiders" warg as officers and direwolf/alphamale as me and akus ranks for being founder/cofounder. Any suggestions as the prefferences of what entitles these ranks, please let me know.

Alt guild is a good idea, except that many people have multiple things to bring to a guild on their alts. So for now, we leave the alts cuse you never know what an alt maybe able to do, plus in the future of m,ultiple 70 alts, we can use them in case someone doesnt show for a raid.

All in all, good ideas. I suggest that everyone add ideas to improve this guild, toherwise we will sit at the bottom and suck. So, let us know, thats whats these forums are for.
Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the Guild
Page 1 of 1